Saturday, September 26, 2015

7up Biscuits


So when I was a kid the best thing in the world was biscuits and honey from Popeyes.  Not only me, but my sisters and parents too!  We could have cared less about a big box of hot crispy chicken, just pass the biscuits!  I haven't conquered biscuits yet in my life.  I think I try to go in there too careless and rustic and use my hands too much like my grandma or great grandma might would have done.  Ya I don't work like that!  I am the stickler that is very precise with recipes.  I like measurement and when baking I love to weigh my ingredients....  A lot of Grandmas are shaking their head at me right now.  I know that is why I stink at making biscuits I am thinking way to hard about the process.  Fortunately I found this recipe! If you and your family love biscuits then please put this one in the recipe box!     


7up Biscuits

4 Cups bisquick
1 Cup sour cream
1 Cup 7up
1 Stick unsalted butter

Melt butter in a 475 degree oven.

Cut in 1 cup of sour cream to 4 cups of bisquick, then add 1 cup of 7up or sprite.  Once all the flour is no longer visible take out of the bowl and onto a bisquick covered counter top and sprinkle more on the top of the dough as well.   No rolling pin required, press the dough down until it is about 1 inch thick then using a *biscuit cutter cut out as many rounds as you can.  Place in the prepared baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. 

* They taste the same no matter what and my Husband doesn't care if they are ugly so I use a medium size scoop to scoop the dough into the pan.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio